Add a little flavor to your favorite dish with this homemade cranberry sauce.
- 12 ounces whole cranberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 orange or tangerine, for 1/4 cup of juice
- 1 teaspoon citrus zest
- 1 cup evaporated cane juice crystals (or equal amount sugar or sugar substitute)
- Rinse and wash fruit.
- Juice and zest citrus.
- In a medium pot, pour water, cane juice crystals, and citrus juice and stir.
- Add cranberries when sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover; stir occasionally.
- Add citrus zest; stir.
- Remove from heat when cranberries burst and mixture forms a thick consistency.
- Pour into serving dish.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.