Whole wheat flour adds a nutty flavor and texture to these great-tasting pancakes. Dish these up with berries and a glass of milk on the side for a wholesome start to your day!
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 container vanilla low-fat yogurt (6 oz)
3/4 cup water
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 3/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
1. Heat griddle to 375°F or heat 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Grease with canola oil if necessary (or spray with cooking spray before heating).
2. In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. In medium bowl, beat eggs, vanilla yogurt, water and oil with egg beater or wire whisk until well blended.
4. Pour egg mixture all at once into flour mixture; stir until moistened.
5. For each pancake, pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter from cup or pitcher onto hot griddle. Cook pancakes 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbly on top, puffed and dry around edges. Turn; cook other sides 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Top each serving (2 pancakes) with 1/4 cup sliced strawberries
For added flavor consider topping pancakes with 1 to 2 tablespoons of lowfat strawberry yogurt.