Almond Crusted Sweet Potato Fries with Creamy Sriracha Sauce
- For the fries:
- 1 large sweet potato
- ½ cup Wasabi & Soy Sauce Blue Diamond Almonds
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- For the creamy sriracha sauce:
- ⅓ cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayo or additional Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoons garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel potato (optional) and cut into matchsticks (about ¼ inch thick).
- Add almonds to a food processor and pulse until they are very finely ground, but not yet of flour consistency (about 30 seconds).
- Place almonds in a shallow bowl and add panko breadcrumbs and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Place flour in a second shallow bowl.
- Add the egg and egg white to a third shallow bowl and beat until well combined.
- Dip the sweet potatoes in the flour, then the eggs, and last the almond mixture, making sure they are well coated on all sides.
- For best results, place the potatoes on a wire rack that is placed on a baking sheet. Alternatively, sweet potatoes can be cooked directly on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, stir together all ingredients for the creamy sriracha sauce in a small bowl.
- Enjoy almond crusted sweet potato fries dipped in creamy sriracha sauce! They're also great dipped in ketchup or any other favorite sauce.
© 2016 Eating Naturally Magazine