This Beef and Vegetable Soup is a great choice for a hearty dinner.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) low-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) sliced carrots, drained
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) cut green beans
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup cooked egg noodles
- In 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, in hot oil, cook ground beef until well browned on all sides, stirring frequently. With slotted spoon, remove beef to bowl.
- In drippings remaining in saucepan over medium heat, cook onion and garlic until tender-crisp.
- Add beef broth, carrots, green beans, stewed tomatoes, basil and ground beef; over high heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10-15 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally. Stir in cooked egg noodles.
SOURCE: Cans Get You Cooking