- 11 oz buckwheat
- 20 prawns, cleaned, washed and dried
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 hot chili pepper, finely sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 20-22 semi-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 10 leaves of fresh majoram
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper (optional)
- In a bowl marinate the prawns with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and chili for about 30 minutes, covering with plastic wrap.
- Rinse the buckwheat under cold running water.
- Bring to boil 1 quart of salted water about 1 teaspoon salt, add the buckwheat, reduce heat and cook covered for about 15-20 minutes (according to the instructions on the package). It must be “al dente.”
- While the buckwheat is cooking, in a nonstick pan sautè the garlic in 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove the garlic. Add the prawns, wine and cook for about 3-4 minutes over medium heat. They have to become pinkish but not overcooked. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, add the tomatoes, removing much of the oil. Drain the buckwheat and mix it with tomatoes.
- Add the prawns sauce and garnish with majoram leaves and pepper.
Based on the cooking and eating style of Italy, The Mamma Mia! Diet features olive oil, fruits and vegetables, nuts, legumes, fish and poultry, whole grains and, yes, wine!