California Fresh Figs add color, flavor and nutrition to many dishes.
- 4 – 1″ thick slices of sourdough bread
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 10 California Fresh Figs, torn into bite size pieces
- 10 black olives, cut in half
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 basil leaves torn
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Lay the bread on a cookie sheet and liberally brush both sides of each slice with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place in oven for 4 minutes then flip for another 4 minutes until the bread is just golden brown.
- In a large salad bowl, add the figs, olives, red onion, red wine vinegar and olive oil. Toss until blended. Tear the bread into bite size pieces and add to the fig mixture. Stir in basil.
Recipe provided by California Fresh Fig Growers Association