Charred Corn Tacos with Radish Zucchini Slaw
- 4 ears Sunshine Sweet Corn
- Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, as needed
- 1/2 cup torn cilantro, parsley and mint leaves
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 cup radishes, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (2 1/2 ounces) crumbled Cotija or feta cheese
- 10 to 12 small (6-inch) soft corn tortillas
- Brush corn with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Over hot grill or open gas stove flame, char ears of corn until well blackened but not completely burnt.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- With large knife, shave off kernels into bowl.
- Add cilantro, parsley and mint; reserve.
- In small bowl, combine onion and lime juice; let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in maple syrup, radishes, zucchini, jalapeno and 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat your tortillas one of two ways: Wrap whole stack in foil and place in warm 250°F oven for 15 minutes, or coat cast-iron skillet with thin layer of oil and heat over high heat; warm each tortilla 30 seconds to 1 minute each side, until lightly blistered.
- To make tacos, fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup corn.
- Top with cheese and radish-zucchini slaw.
- Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
© 2018 Eating Naturally Magazine