Enjoy this primo primavera infused with Organic Cheddar cheese.
½ pound pasta
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons all-purpose Flour
2 cups milk, warmed
2½ cups Organic Cheddar cheese, shredded
8 spears asparagus, blanched, coarsely chopped
¼ cup sundried tomatoes, julienned
1 cup frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
1 cup fresh spinach
- Cook pasta 8 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat; add garlic and stir in flour. Cook, stirring constantly, for approx. 1 minute until the mixture is bubbly and seems to double in size.
- Slowly stir in warm milk, increase heat to medium and whisk frequently until sauce starts to simmer. After sauce simmers for 1 minute, return heat to medium-low.
- Add Organic Cheddar one handful at a time, and stir until incorporated.
- Stir in asparagus, tomatoes, artichoke hearts and cooked pasta. Warm throughout, approx. 3-5 minutes.
- Add spinach, let wilt and serve immediately.
Variation: Replace flour and milk with one 14-ounce jar of Alfredo sauce and ½ cup of milk.
Recipe courtesy of Roth Cheese