Traditional chocolate truffles get a spicy kick from smoky chipotle chili powder.
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 envelope (0.85 oz each) Swiss Miss® Simply Cocoa Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa
Place chocolate and butter in 8×8-inch microwave safe baking dish. Microwave on HIGH 45 seconds; stir. Microwave an additional 30 seconds.
Microwave heavy cream on HIGH 45 seconds; stir in chili powder and salt. Pour hot cream over chocolate and stir until melted and combined. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
Use a melon baller to scoop chocolate mixture and shape into 1-inch balls. Roll each truffle in cocoa. Serve truffles at room temperature.