Cinnamon French Toast Sausage Roll-Ups
- 12 Smithfield Fresh Sausage Links
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons almond liquor (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 slices whole-wheat bread, crust removed and cut in half
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Cook sausage according to package directions; keep warm.
- Beat together eggs, milk, almond liquor and cinnamon. Dip one bread slice half in egg mixture and wrap around one sausage link. Press bread edges together where they overlap to keep from unrolling. Repeat with remaining bread and sausage links.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat; add butter and let melt. Place French toast-wrapped sausages in skillet, seam-side down. Cook until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes total.
For more brunch and entertaining recipe inspiration, visit Smithfield.com.