This Cream Cheese Filled Blueberry Lemon Bread is sweet, tangy and filled with a decadent cheesecake layer! Some call it breakfast and others call it dessert!
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain 0% Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups all- purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- zest of 2 lemons or 3, if you like things tangy!
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unthawed blueberries
CREAM CHEESE LAYER
- 4 oz cream cheese 1/2 package
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease an 8×4″ loaf pan (I recommend glass or silicone as it will darken more quickly in a non stick pan).
- In a large bowl whisk together oil and sugar. Add eggs, yogurt, vanilla and juice and whisk until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest and stir just until combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Make the cream cheese layer: in a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and egg white with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour ⅔ of your bread batter into prepared loaf pan. Top with all of cream cheese mixture and spread evenly. Top with remaining ⅓ bread batter and smooth the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes, covering loosely with foil after 30 minutes or when top is golden, until a toothpick in the bread (not the cream cheese) comes out clean or with moist crumbs. Note that the cream cheese will set as it cools.
- Cool to room temperature before slicing and serving. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.