A gluten-free cookie the whole family can enjoy.
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour (plus more for thickening—I used Bob’s Red Mill Brown Rice Flour for a nuttier flavor)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, room temperature
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped raw walnuts
- ¼ cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and coconut oil on low speed until mixture resembles wet sand. Add applesauce, egg, and vanilla and beat again until well blended.
- Add oat mixture to sugar mixture and stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in raisins, cranberries, walnuts, and chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Use a fork to flatten each to ¼-inch thick. Bake 12 to 14 minutes, until tops of cookies are dry to the touch. Cookies may seem underbaked, but that’s OK—do not overbake. Let cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then remove to wax paper to cool completely.