- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and coarsely chopped
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained, and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tabasco sauce, to taste (optional)
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 8 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- 16 slices thinly sliced ripe tomato (about 3 small tomatoes), divided
- 24 slices thinly sliced cucumber (about 1/2 an English cucumber), divided
- 8 tablespoons fat free plain Greek yogurt, divided
- In medium bowl, mash avocado and chickpeas together with lemon juice, cumin, garlic powder, and Tabasco using fork, or pulse in food processor to coarsely mash.
- Fold in bell pepper and scallions then divide among toasted bread.
- Top with tomato and cucumber slices and 1 tablespoon of yogurt. Pair each serving with 8-ounce glass of milk.
Learn about all the benefits of vitamin D here.
© 2016 Eating Naturally Magazine