Fire Roasted Corn and Chorizo Dip
- 3 to 4 ears Sunshine Sweet Corn
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced into rings
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 cup cooked chorizo
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 pound spicy pepper cheese, like pepper-jack or habanero cheddar
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 400°F and preheat grill to high heat.
- Remove cornhusks and corn silk, and place fresh Florida Sweet Corn, onion slices and red bell pepper on grill.
- Grill corn and bell pepper for 8 to 10 minutes, turning every 2 minutes until all sides are slightly charred.
- Grill onion slices for approximately 3 minutes per side.
- When veggies are cool enough to handle, cut corn off cob.
- Then chop onions and pepper, removing pepper seeds.
- In 8-by-8-inch baking dish or one-quart souffle dish, mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until edges are bubbly.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
© 2018 Eating Naturally Magazine