Do you have an abundance of fresh tomatoes from your garden? This simple Bruschetta bite recipe is a great use for them.
- 1 large baguette bread loaf, sliced evenly into 24 pieces
- ¼ cup vegan butter, melted
- 8 ripe plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 ½ teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F and arrange bread slices evenly on two ungreased baking sheets.
- Brush bread with melted butter and bake for 5–8 minutes, or until toasted.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, vinegar, olive oil, onion powder, sugar, basil, salt and pepper to taste; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Arrange toasted bread slices on a serving platter with tomato mixture spooned on top.
- Alternatively, you can serve tomato mixture in a bow with a serving spoon in it, alongside toasted bread in a basket.
Recipe source: CATHERINE GILL THE DIRTY VEGAN COOKBOOK