The exquisite taste of crab meat shines with the added crunch of the Kinnikinnick Foods Gluten Free Panko Style Bread Crumbs.
1 lb. Phillips Crab Meat
2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 tsp. Gluten-free Dijon mustard
1/4 c. mayonnaise
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce*
1 Tbsp. fresh parsley or
3/4 tsp. dry parsley flakes
3/4 c. gluten free panko style breadcrumbs*
butter/oil blend for sautéing
*Worcestershire sauce is not always gluten-free. Might be ok for some people, but this recipe isn’t celiac-safe. Omit the worcestershire or find one that’s gluten-free.
- In 2 qt. mixing bowl, blend beaten egg with mustard, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, and parsley.
- Stir in 1/4 c. of the breadcrumbs. Gently fold in crab meat.
- Place remaining breadcrumbs in a separate bowl for dredging.
- Form crab cake mixture into desired sized cakes (mixture will be wet) and press cakes gently into breading.
- Heat butter/oil blend over medium heat in sauté pan to just cover bottom.
- Sauté cakes 3-5 minutes total per side, turning twice during cooking, until golden brown on both sides and centers reach a minimum of 165°.
*Gluten free panko style breadcrumbs can be found at kinnikinnick.com
Recipe provided by Phillips Foods