Gluten-Free Pumpkin and Chocolate Chip Bread
Recipe courtesy of Cans Get You Cooking
Servings: 20 (2 loaves)
- 4 cups oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 350 F. Grease two 8-by-4-inch loaf pans. In large bowl, combine oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In large bowl using mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla, oat flour mixture and pumpkin; beat until just blended. Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips. Spoon mixture into prepared pans.
- Bake 50-55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely.
- In small bowl, stir confectioners’ sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle mixture over pumpkin bread.
SOURCE: Cans Get You Cooking