Grandmas favorite molasses cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup coarse sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt; set aside. In large bowl, beat butter and granulated sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add molasses and egg, beating until combined. On low speed, beat in flour mixture until blended. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in coarse sugar. On cookie sheet, place balls 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 minutes or until edges are set. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.