Serve these green beans on a large platter with lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over the top. They make a great side dish for holiday meals as well as roasted fish or grilled shrimp.
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 2/3 cup almond slivers, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add green beans and cook until just tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a small pot over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and light golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Add shallot to hot, drained green beans. Add parsley, oregano, salt and pepper and toss gently. Transfer to a serving platter, garnish with almonds and serve.