Grilled Cod With Black Bean–Mango Salsa
- 4 1/2 pounds cod fillets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin
- olive oil
- 1 lime
- 1/2 orange, reserving zest
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 small, minced jalapeño pepper (optional)
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small mango, diced (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup green onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Black Bean-Mango Salsa
- Mix together all black bean–mango salsa ingredients at least 30 minutes (and up to 24 hours) prior to serving.
- Lightly brush cod fillets on both sides with extra-virgin olive oil and grill 6 to 7 minutes on each side, until fish is opaque.
- Mound 1 1/2 cups of black bean mixture on a plate. Lean each piece of grilled cod against salsa.
© 2016 Eating Naturally Magazine