Herby Turkey Sliders
Source: Reprinted with permission from The Longevity Kitchen by Rebecca Katz with Mat Edelson (Ten Speed Press, © 2013). Photo Credit: Leo Gong.
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds, toasted and crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground dark-meat turkey meat or
- ground turkey breast
- Combine onion, basil, parsley, tomato paste, garlic, fennel seeds, oregano, lemon zest, salt, red pepper flakes, and pepper in a large bowl and stir.
- Add the turkey and gently mix with your hands or a spatula until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into 8 patties.
- Brush patties with olive oil and put on the grill over medium heat and cook until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Cover and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Serve on buns or alone with your desired toppings.
© 2016 Eating Naturally Magazine