This recipe for fried rice requires no oil, because it incorporates the fat and saltiness that comes from bacon. The savory (unami) flavors, textures and aromas of the ingredients in this recipe are the perfect match for Kinmemai, and the cooking techniques optimize its rich flavor and nutritional benefits.
· 1 lb cooked Kinmemai
· 2 eggs
· 1 tsp. chicken bouillon powder
· ¼ lb sliced bacon (about 5 slices)
· 3-4 leaves lettuce
· Salt, to taste
· Black pepper, to taste
· 1 tsp soy sauce
1. Mix the eggs and chicken bouillon powder well.
2. Place Kinmemai in a bowl and add the egg and bouillon mixture. Mix well.
3. Cut the bacon into 1/2 inch pieces.
4. Wash and drain the lettuce, and tear into bite-sized pieces.
5. Place the bacon in a frying pan and fry on medium heat until crisp.
6. Add the Kinmemai and egg mixture, then fry until crumbly.
7. Add the lettuce and continue to fry.
8. Adjust the seasoning to taste with salt, black pepper and soy sauce.
9. Serve on two dishes.
See related recipe for Kinmemai Roll.
Recipe supplied by KINME MAI