If you love lemon as much as I do, check out this great lemon cookie recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 cup sanding sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup crushed Brach’s Lemon Drops
- Mix flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, lemon peel, extract mix well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Divide dough in half. Form each half into a log about 9 inches long and 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap in wax paper.
Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven 350°F. Mix sanding sugar and kosher salt. Roll each cold dough log in mixture to coat evenly. Cut dough into 1/4-inch thick slices. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Cool on baking sheets 10 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Drizzle Glaze over cooled cookies. Sprinkle with crushed Brach’s Lemon Drops. Let stand until glaze is set.
- Mix 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, and 1 tablespoon each lemon juice and milk in small bowl until smooth.