- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups thinly sliced strawberries
- 1 large-rib rhubarb, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Strawberry Rhubarb Filling
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pea-size pieces
- Melt butter for filling saucepan over medium heat.
- Add fruit, and cook, stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add sugar and lemon juice, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- To make crumble, hand mix flour, brown sugar, and butter pieces until mixture resembles a course meal.
- Divide fruit into six ramekins.
- Crown each with crumble topping until fruit is completely covered.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden. Serve warm.
© 2016 Eating Naturally Magazine