Peaches are high in beta-carotene which gets converted into vitamin A. The beta-carotene is an important player in maintaining healthy eyesight and helps to prevent various eye diseases. So try this peach salsa to get more peach in your diet.
4 medium peaches, pitted, peeled and diced
3 nectarines, pitted and diced
2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 medium red onion, diced
1 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
4 tablespoons of fresh lime juice, plus more to taste
chili powder, to taste
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the cilantro, peaches, nectarines, jalapenos, red bell pepper and onion.
- Drizzle mixture with 4 tablespoons of lime juice.
- Season with chili powder, kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Gently stir, do not mash the fruit.
- Let the mixture sit for 1 hour and taste.
- Season with additional lime juice , salt and pepper to taste.