Eating gluten-free no longer means missing out on your favorite pie recipes, thanks to this delightful crust! It's easy to make and will result in a flaky dessert dish.
- 1 3/4 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, cut into thick slices
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 egg yolk, for brushing before baking
- In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, sugar, and salt. Transfer to the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the butter and pulse until pea-size crumbs begin to form. Pour in the water and continue to pulse until a dough begins to form.
- Remove dough from the food processor and knead until smooth. Shape into a flat disk, cover in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough and place it over a lightly greased 9-inch pie baking dish. Use your fingers to mold the dough to the pie plate. Cut any excess from the edges and decorate to your liking.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolk and use it to brush the crust before adding your favorite filling.