Try these great tasting gluten free pumpkin muffins as your next fall treat!
For the muffins:
1 1/2 flax eggs (1 1/2 tbsp flax meal with 4 tbsp water)
2 tbsp mashed bananas
1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
2/3 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup coconut flour
3/4 cup gluten free rolled oats 1 cup gluten free flour
For the streusel:
3 tbsp coconut sugar
3 1/2 tbsp gluten free flour
2 tbsp chopped pecans
2 tbsp coconut oil at room temperature (solid) A pinch of cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350F.
Grease 1 standard cupcake/muffin tin with coconut oil and gluten free flour. Set aside.
1. Combine all streusel ingredients in a bowl and mix together with a fork or your hands. The mixture should be crumbly but should stick together if you try to form a ball. Set aside.
2. Place the banana in the bowl with the flax egg. Stir to combine. Add pumpkin, sugar, syrup, oil, and vanilla. Whisk until properly combined.
3. Add the baking soda, salt, spices and water and whisk again until combined.
4. Add the flours and oats. Use a spatula to mix until the batter just comes together (don’t over-mix).
5. Scoop the batter into your muffin tins using a 1/4 cup measurement so all the muffins are even. If there is any batter leftover, distribute the remaining batter evenly among the 12