- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg or allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened hemp or rice milk
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 cup blueberries or other berries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Agave syrup (optional)
- Add quinoa, water, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to a small pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until most of the water has been absorbed.
- Add milk, and simmer uncovered for an additional 10 minutes. Stir in apple, berries, and nuts. Remove from heat.
- Let sit covered for 10 minutes while the porridge thickens. Drizzle with agave before serving if desired.
© 2016 Eating Naturally Magazine