These rolls using Kinmemai rice are simple to make and taste great. These rolls will be a hit at your next party.
- 1 lb cooked Kinmemai
- 2 tbsp plus 2 tsp oil-free yuzukosho dressing
- Roasted sesame seeds, to taste
- 2 oz mild cheese
- 4 crab sticks
- Half an avocado
- Pickled ginger, to taste
- 2 sheets nori (dried seaweed)
- Mix warm Kinmemai and dressing well in a bowl and leave to cool.
- Cut the cheese into rectangles.
- Peel the avocado and cut it into similarly sized pieces.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap on a sushi rolling mat, lay a sheet of nori on top of it, and spread half the rice evenly over the nori.
- Sprinkle half of the sesame seeds on the rice.
- Turn the nori over so the rice is on the bottom, and place half the cheese and avocado on top of it, close to the edge nearest you. Place half the pickled ginger on top of the cheese and avocado in the center of that layer.
- Start rolling the nori into a nice round shape with the rice on the outside. Use the rolling mat without letting the plastic wrap get trapped. Slightly press the edges inward.
- Dampen the knife with a wet cloth before cutting the roll.
- Cut the roll in half, and then cut that piece in half. Repeat until you have 8 even pieces, and then remove the plastic wrap.
- Repeat all steps with the second sheet of nori and the remaining ingredients.
- Serve on a plate.
Recipe supplied by KINME MAI