Beets are typically prepared with sweet and sour flavors. Roasting brings out the sweetness of the beet, and adding the balsamic glaze adds some tang to the recipe.
This recipe serves 12
3 1/2 pounds assorted small beets, trimmed and cleaned
3 small red onions, each cut into 8 wedges
1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsps Organic Rosemary
1 1/2 tsps Organic Thyme
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
Several sprigs of fresh Rosemary
2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Wrap 3 beets at a time in foil. Place in shallow baking pan
- Roast 1 hour or until beets are tender when pierced with small knife. Cool until able to handle. Peel then quarter beets. Toss beets, onions in a 8 X 10 baking pan
- Sprinkle with oil, rosemary, thyme and sea salt
- Roast 35 to 45 minutes or until onions are tender. Drizzle balsamic vinegar over vegetables. Roast 5 minutes longer or until vinegar is the consistency of syrup.
- Gently toss vegetables before serving
- Garnish with fresh rosemary