Spiced Pork and Apple Burger with Maple Dijon
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1/2 cup Tree Top Natural Apple Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 hamburger buns
- Baby Spinach leaves
- Stir maple syrup and mustard together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Spray a large non-stick grill pan or griddle with cooking spray and place over medium to medium high heat.
- Mix pork, apple sauce, salt, chili powder, dry mustard, pepper and cinnamon together in a large mixing bowl.
- Form mixture into 6 patties.
- Place patties in pan and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, turn and cook additional 4 to 5 minutes or until done.
- To serve, spread bun bottoms with maple mustard mixture.
- Top each with a patty, spinach leaf and bun top.
- If desired, toast buns and top with cheddar cheese, grilled onions, pickles, tomatoes or other favorite toppings.
- Serve with crispy sweet potato fries and steamed beans for an easy but special meal.
Source: Tree Top
© 2016 Eating Naturally Magazine