Enjoy a simply delicious spinach salad with hard-boiled eggs, apples, and dried figs.
4 large eggs
8 cups fresh spinach
1 cup dried figs (about 16 figs or one 7-oz pkg)
1 cup whole-grain croutons
1/2 cup light honey mustard or poppy seed dressing
1. To hard boil-eggs:
- Place eggs in saucepan large enough to hold them in a single layer.
- Add cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch.
- Heat over high heat just to boiling.
- Remove from heat and cover.
- Let eggs stand in hot water about 12 minutes.
- Drain and fill pan with cold water; let sit 10-15 minutes.
- Peel and slice. (If making ahead, refrigerate cooked unpeeled eggs)
2. Prepare other ingredients while eggs are cooking and cooling.
3. Wash, slice, and core apples.
4. Cut apples and dried figs into bite-sized chunks.
5. Wash and drain spinach.
6. To plate, divide ingredients evenly among four plates, top spinach with apples, eggs, dried figs, and croutons. Drizzle with dressing
Serving Suggestions: Serve with a glass of 100% grape juice and vanilla or lemon low-fat yogurt.
Skip to nutrition information