Sweet Potato Dip with Toasted Pecans and Bacon
- 1½ pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 shallots, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 slices bacon, cooked, cooled, and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons toasted chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Lundberg Smoky Maple Rice Chips
- In bowl, toss together sweet potatoes, shallots, garlic, oil, thyme, cumin, salt, and pepper. Spread on parchment paper–lined baking sheet; bake in preheated 375°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Transfer to food processor along with sour cream; purée until smooth. Stir in 2 tbsp of the crumbled bacon. Transfer to serving dish and top with remaining bacon, toasted pecans, and green onion.
- Serve warm with Lundberg Smoky Maple Rice Chips.
- Tip: For a vegetarian option, replace bacon with chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
© 2018 Eating Naturally Magazine