Find more delicious and light recipes here.
- 8 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme (or 4 basil leaves, chopped)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces toasted pine (pignoli) nuts
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) grated Jarlsberg cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- In bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper; gently mix in tomatoes. Transfer to ovenproof dish, turning tomatoes cut side up before baking 15 minutes.
- When tomatoes are cool enough, remove skins before returning to baking dish. Sprinkle tomatoes with nuts and cheese. Return to oven and bake about 10 minutes, or until cheese turns golden and bubbly.
- Serve as bruschetta on sliced, toasted Italian bread or as a side dish to fish and meat.
© 2018 Eating Naturally Magazine