A great side for Cinco de Mayo
- ½ cup raw cashews (soaked if you don’t have high speed blender)
- 1 cup medium chunky salsa
- 1 small red bell pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp turmeric (optional but recommended for color)
- If not using a high-speed blender, soak cashews in a bowl of warm water for a few hours or overnight.
- If using high speed blender, place cashews in a bowl with warm water. Set aside while you chop pepper.
- Drain and rinse cashews. Place all ingredients in blender. Blend until completely smooth and creamy.
- Serve at room temperature or warm in a saucepan to desired temperature with veggies or tortilla chips.