Fast and simple white cornmeal cornbread is an excellent addition to any meal.
- 1 cup White Cornmeal
- 1-1/3 cups Buttermilk
- 1 cup Unbleached White All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Cane Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Melted Butter cooled
- Combine cornmeal and buttermilk in a large bowl and let sit for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°F. Spray an 8×8-inch baking pan and set aside.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to the cornmeal mixture along with the eggs and melted butter. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer to the prepared pan and bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 – 30 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.
Source: Bobs Red Mill