Pan roasted zucchini and corn tacos are sprinkled with chorizo, cotija cheese and cilantro for extra bold Mexican flavor
- 3 small zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, sliced (3 zucchini = about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces fresh pork chorizo (Mexican-style)
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 8 white corn tortillas (6 inch), warmed
- 1/3 cup crumbled Cotija or feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Toss zucchini with oil, cumin and salt in large bowl. Heat 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the zucchini; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until tender and browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet; set aside and keep warm. Repeat with remaining zucchini.
Meanwhile, heat another large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chorizo; cook 5 minutes or until finely crumbled and browned, stirring occasionally. Drain. Set aside and keep warm. Add corn to same skillet; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until corn starts to brown. Stir in drained tomatoes; cook 3 minutes more until hot.
Divide zucchini and corn mixture evenly between tortillas; top each with chorizo, cheese and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Recipe supplied by CONAGRA BRANDS, INC