This quick dessert is meant to be as simple as it gets, but there’s one little secret that ensures it will be as delicious as possible.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) high-quality whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Fresh raspberries, for serving
- Place the ricotta, lemon zest, and honey in a large bowl and stir to combine. Divide among 4 (6-ounce) ramekins and place the ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet. Evenly sprinkle the tops with the sugar.
- Arrange an oven rack in the highest position. Place the baking sheet on the rack and turn on the broiler. Broil until the ricotta is golden-brown and bubbling, 5 to 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can use a kitchen torch to brown the tops of the ricotta. Let cool for 10 minutes. Top with raspberries and serve.